Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re: Sc-Fi

I know its not our usual genre but has anyone read 'Sharp North' by Patrick Cave. I have just finished reading it, having picked it up by accident in the library and it has the sort of ending which usually means there will be another in the series. I wondered if anyone else had come across it and if it was the start of a series. Quite thought provoking, I didn't realise that we may well lose the gulf stream in as little as 20 years and be plunged into Siberian weather here in the UK as well as having all our lower lands such as Kent flooded. Perhaps we should add this sci fi book to our list. Sorry I can't be with you all at the next meeting, our Scottish trip to ride the Harry Potter Jacobite express is now booked. Just hoping our health doesn't let us down again.

Jewels

No comments: