Saturday, January 01, 2011

Oh dear, Jewels

Sorry you aren't enjoying the book. I think Andi is struggling with it, too. Ah well, that is the worst of recommending a book you have enjoyed yourself. Not everyone shares the same taste - but, hey, perhaps it will be a furious discussion. I did wonder if anyone else would enjoy it and my interest in history, especially of tudor or roman times, may have made me too enthusiastic. Heaven forfend - me, too enthusiastic?? Never mind, love, you will soon be on the Agatha Christie and then it will be someone else's turn to recommend a book.

I notice that the Readers' Digest reading group has a backlist of books very similar to our own and it was quite interesting to read what people had thought of Pies and Prejudice, for example. Looking through our list, we have gone through a terrific number of books in the last 8 years and our favourites have by far outweighed our hates.

Am looking forward to our next meeting; it seems ages since we last met and I'm raring to go. So, Happy New Year, groupies. May 2011 be the year we all get to read the same book!
Nanny

No comments: