Sunday, August 07, 2011

Shall we double up on 22nd August?

as in, discuss two books?  Controversial, perhaps, but what the hell.  We have missed one month's meeting which was to have been 'Goodnight Mr Tom' with 'Sister' in August.  I think most of us have read both books by now.  I could be kidding myself, of course, but if we polish off both books in August, perhaps we could have a frivolous poetry evening in September before we return to discuss 'Room' and 'The Warden'. 

And then, pretty please, I should love to discuss a Terry Pratchett and I suggest 'Maskerade' the theme of which I promise will be oh so familiar.  I promise you it is with persevering with and not such hard work as some books we have tackled.

So, if you are agreeable and even if you're not, I am suggesting GOODNIGHT MR TOM and SISTER on 22nd August,  a POETRY EVENING on 12 September, with MASKERADE on 10 October, ROOM on 7 November and THE WARDEN on 5 December.  If dates not good, no doubt you will complain loudly.

Would you like a theme for the poetry evening or shall it just be the usual free for all?  The Duffy piece suggested by Jonathan at our last poetry evening was inspirational because it gave us a lot to compare it with.  Thoughts, please.

1 comment:

Batey said...

Hello folks (and Nanny), sounds a good timetable to me. Can't make October 10th but love TP so will read your suggestion anyway Nanny. Are we all reading the same poem?

Batey

x