Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Poetry Evening

A good evening folks! Thanks for organising Nanny! Love the idea of bringing poetry on an Ipod...

Quite right we didn't take a vote (too personal as Steve said) - anyway we would have been spoilt for choice - some excellent and unusual material and I'm sure some of us will be chasing a few of those slim volumes on the library shelves.

Should this be a regular slot or is everybody happy with once a year? Could we manage twice a year or is that too much of a good thing? I know I thoroughly enjoyed rooting round and re-reading old favourites before making a choice.

Batey

x

2 comments:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Poetry evenings are great fun, easy to do and great for those months when everyone is busy, busy, busy, so I'd vote for at least twice a year. Don't think Jean has managed one yet and it was her original idea, poor lamb.

As you say, young Batey, the poems were thought-provoking, funny, sad, amusing, musical, visceral, cerebral - just like life! And I'm going to look up this "Nutting" thing because I'm consumed with curiosity. I bet you've already been ferretting around, haven't you?? Perhaps it was just a red herring to keep your research faculties finely tuned; Lorraine can be wicked like that.

Sorry the other ladies couldn't make it because it was most enjoyable, and the food was scrumptious, too.

We must put on the blog about the cancellation of the December meeting and our new date in January for the ghost stories.

And yes, I shall be looking for a pink Apple thingy in my stocking this Christmas. I wonder if I've been good enough?
Nanny x

Batey said...

I'm sure you've been good enough Nanny! Yes, twice a year would be great (am I lazy or what??) Good idea to circulate before the meeting too. Lorraine wasn't being wicked this time - the poem does exist:-

http://quotations.about.com/cs/poemlyrics/a/Nutting.htm

Deep stuff eh? I hadn't rooted round till you said honest. Will you put a message out about the new arrangements or shall I?

Batey (about to start on the E.A.Poe)

x