Bummer - on checking my diary for the first time in ages, find myself double booked for 2nd April. Very disappointing but cannot ignore prior engagement to a conservatory christening/games evening, can I? Frustrating because have read and enjoyed the book. If the date should be changed for any reason, then I'll happily attend. Haven't seen any emails/comments indicating whether or not 2 April is okay for the majority of RG?
Life not bad at Victoria Towers - Charlie healing well despite another overnight stay at the MRI - he just can't keep away from the MRI; Kerry training for Edinburgh Marathon so expect an appeal for sponsorship which will be for Christies; as for me, am getting to grips with sculpting breeze blocks - you may well ask why, and my response would be "to make interesting garden ornaments".
There has been a distinct lack of culture in my life during the last few weeks so must investigate the theatre programmes and/or art galleries.
Love to all and happy Easter
Nanny xx
5 comments:
The Matriarch's wish is my command. Date has been duly changed. Since only Andrea has been in touch with me this shouldn't prove too much of a problem. Lets say one week later then on the 09/04. Still at Velvet? Anyone out there? Hello? J x
Hello, lovely boy, I'm here. 9th April would be good for me. It will be my first RG meeting of 2008 and I have missed meeting you all so much. Kerry tells me that Velvet is delightful so I am eager to see what it is like for myself.
Watched the No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency last night and though irritated at the compression of the action and the tinkering with the story-lines, it felt like the Botswana described in Smith's books. The leading characters were very attractive, particularly Jill Scott. Wonder if there will be any further productions now that Anthony Minghella has died?
Have been reading all kinds of trashy books over the last week.
After Tales of the City, what should we read next - To Kill a Mockingbird, Engleby, The Amber Spyglass, The Other Boleyn Girl or Maskerade? Only those who attend the meetings get to choose the books!
Hope to see (and hear from) you all soon.
Love
Nanny (aka The Matriarch which is another name for She Who Must Be Obeyed, I think)
I'm afraid I cannot do 9th April as John is going to a Jethro Tull concert of all things at The Lowry (I would rather look after Thomas than go to that frankly!)
I have the book however, and although I am only a few chapters in, I am enjoying it. It is one of those books that I have always meant to read
I hope you have a good time. By then I will have done my first driving test. I am terrified, but whatever happens, at least I will know what to expect the next time. I will let you know if I pass - if you do not hear anything, best not to ask!
Testing?
OK working. Here I sit amongst the rubble of my apartment having located my wi-fi connection. God I've been lost without it. Logging on in town is a nightmare - even at seemingly wi-fi friendly places like Starbucks (which, incidentally, isn't free). Anyway, Nanny informs me that we're 7 for the 9th so I'll go and book Velvet this afternoon (I'm assuming there won't be a problem for a Wednesday). if there is a problem I'll let a many of you know as I can and ask you to pass the message on. I'll book for 1830 and hope this is OK for everyone - just turn up late if it isn't! Hopefully see you then. Toodle-pip. J x
Post a Comment