It seems a long time since our reading group members made any contribution to the general flow of discussion on our blog. How is everyone?
I hope Julia won't object to me letting you know that her husband had a heart attack over the Easter weekend; she tells me that he is recovering well at home. I'm sure we all send her our best wishes and hope that Richard makes a spectacular recovery.
I'm longing to hear from Jonathan next week how the refurb of his apartment has gone, having missed his blog over the last two or three weeks.
As for Young Batey, she seems to be in a perpetual whirl of trips abroad and luxurious pampering. Dulcie is fitting trips to holiday homes in Wales and France in between working hard and winning trophies for singing - such a busy bee. And Lisa is like a perpetual motion machine, too. I feel quite sluggish by comparison.
Well, love to you all and look forward to seeing some of you next week.
Nanny xx
1 comment:
Hello All
Sorry I couldnt make the last reading group. I was in London the night before to see Sleeping Beauty at Covent Garden and didnt get back in time. SB was good though I think the content lost a little with the dropping of the Fairy God-Mice you get in the Disney version!! We had dinner at the Royal Opera House in between acts which was fun though a little rushed over your wine and cheese! Always love the building though.
On a further literary note went to see Brenda Blethin at the Royal Exchange on Thursday night in the Glass Menagerie, the Tennesse Williams partial biog. Was fabulous. Not so keen on the actor playing the son Tom as he was a little "theatrical" for me but good old Brenda carried the show and the scenes between the fragile daughter and her potential beau were mesmerising in the second act.
Also off to see Taming of the Shrew at RSC next weekend. Shrew always makes me think of Howard Keel in that dreadful musical version so going to have to get that version out of my head before then! No one famous in unless you count some guy from Doctors! But am hoping to go back again in August to see Doctor Who do Hamlet! What next - Captain Jack as Lear anyone??
Can someone fill me in on dates and material for next group? Am afraid I didnt even get round to buying the last one. Am reading "Interpretation of Murder" which was sofa fodder for a wet and snowy weekend in a hotel in London a couple of weeks ago. Also the Barack Obama early offering Dreams from my Father - which makes me all the more convinced this is the man we need at the mo,
Anyway my ramblings done - hope all well. Saw Kate and Julia at a law libns shindig at DWF last week. Lovely to see them again as its been a while and reassured by Julia that husband on the mend. Good news.
Love Darth
x
Post a Comment